Friday, October 14, 2011

Well I did it...I never thought I would ever make it to Sugar Plum...Why? I have no idea, seemed unattainable for some reason...But I had some great encouragement and support.  I decided last min to do the show!  I created like you cannot believe.  I was 2 1/2 weeks out from the show and managed to make enough stuff to get started.  I would have liked to have had more, but what I made did the job. 
The show runs for 3 days Thurs Fri and Sat, there were over 9,000 people who went through that show...great exposure if I do say...
The day we had to set up was pouring rain and I only have a truck, no trailer.  The show was an hour away so every piece of my display got soaked. By the time we got down there, it had stopped raining so the set up wasn't totally horrible.  My Daughter is amazing to say the least!  She helped me set up and we had a blast!  She knows how intense I can be and is patient enough, but then says that's it and drags me away! lol
We had to set up quick of course, because we left late from home, it was raining, and had to stop once to adjust the fencing, find where to set up, and on and on...so we only had like 2 1/2 hours to get it done...I like to do and redo...as I said before, but had no time at set up...I was really hoping my Daughters Photos would have sold!  She does such wonderful work, such a natural talent, and good eye for things...Maybe you think that's just the mom talking...but see for your self...

I have them listed in my Etsy account...if you would like to see more  wildoberryfarms.etsy.com

Well we did have fun, after the show was over, The owner had us gather around for a closing meeting.  There were prizes and raffles, loads of encouragement for the next show, which by the way I'm going to do, I think I'm hooked...anyway....Everyone there was so nice and helpful, didn't seem like a lot of grumbly people!  Which you can find in situations like this.  But so far everyone was great!  I'm looking forward to next months show...which reminds me, I will only have 3 weeks to get it done...I better get busy!  It's a little difficult to get into the Harvest/Christmas frame of mind when the weather has been in the triple digits!  Yesterday was 105 I think...we have been warm to say the least!  I hope the weather is better where you are!  Happy Fall Ya'll!!

Thanks for stopping by and I will be listing new goodies on my etsy account on Sunday so if you have nothing better to do stop by and take a look! ha ha

Just a few babbles from a simple mind...
Be Blessed!!  Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment